Tuesday 12 March 2013

Chris Herd's season is kaput

Versatile Aussie Chris Herd has aggravated a fracture in his right foot and won't play for Villa again this season.

Matilda won't be waltzing for a while
The plucky 23-year-old utility man has been out since the 2-2 draw with Swansea on New Year’s Day and will play no part in Villa's nine game quest for Premier League survival.

He said: “It’s pretty disappointing. I was looking forward to playing a part in trying to help us stay in the Premier League. It’s pretty gutting.

“These things happen in football and you have to just get on with it, stay positive and work on getting back to fitness.

“I was really hoping to be involved against Manchester City the other week but the foot just got sore again and it’s a blow which I will just have to deal with.

“I’d love to be out there trying to do my bit for the club. But the boys are showing great fight and have given themselves a huge chance of staying up.”

The injury also scuppers his chance of breaking into the Socceroos team.

He said: “I am totally committed to hopefully one day playing for Australia. Injuries haven’t helped me when I have been named in squads and I’ll be cheering the boys on against Oman in what is a very important game.

“Hopefully, I will get my chance at some stage because it’s a huge ambition of mine to play for my country. Luck has been against me a little bit and I have had to pull out of squads.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Google+