Monday 2 September 2013

Barry Bannan signs for Crystal Palace

Scotland international midfielder Barry Bannan has moved to Crystal Palace on a three year deal for an undisclosed fee.

The player  never managed to fully establish himself in Villa's first team, despite several appearances for several managers.

Things came to a head as the squad returned for pre-season training and he found himself training away from the first team squad with outcasts such as Stephen Ireland and Alan Hutton.

However, Gordon Strachan continued to show faith in him, continuing to pick him for the Scotland squad.

Early on, Villa fans were enthusiastic about the player but he became notorious for his over-ambitious "Hollywood" passes and his relationship with sections of the crowd deteriorated badly.

Barry told Palace's website “I was at Blackpool with the gaffer here when they got promotion that year and that was probably the highlight of my career so far.

“It is a big move for me to leave Villa and I would like to thank the fans there but it's a new chapter in my life now and I can't wait to get started.

“I want to get myself in the door and start training and hopefully get myself in the team. I haven't played this season and didn't much last year so I can't wait to get going.”





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Google+