Thursday 14 February 2013

Happy Birthday Sasa Curcic

We may not have the fondest of memories of Saša Ćurčić's spell at Villa Park (his consolation goal in the FA Cup exit against Derby County at the Baseball Ground received the least enthusiastic crowd reaction to a Villa goal I can ever remember) but nevertheless we wish him many happy returns on the occasion of his 41st birthday.

Saša played for the Villa between 1996 and 1998, but never really endeared himself to the Villa faithful and on leaving the club, he had some terse words to say about the manager who had brought him to the club:

"The way Brian Little played me was very strange. I could never understand it. He knew I was better in a free role. He should have played me like a McManaman or a Cantona. I was never given a chance to show what I could do - and that will always baffle me"



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Google+