Tuesday 8 July 2014

More Villa Park Turmoil: Paul Faulkner is OUT!

Turmoil continues at Aston Villa as Chief Executive Paul Faulkner steps down from the role.

With the future direction and ownership of the club unclear, Chief Financial Officer Robin Russell will be Acting Chief Executive as the club's future hangs in the balance

The official club statement explained:

“Having discussed his re-engaging with the chairman’s broader business while remaining involved with Villa in a non-operational role, agreement could not be reached.

“On the strength of many productive years together, and a long-standing friendship, Faulkner has parted on good terms.

“He has offered his support to the Villa organisation to ensure a smooth transition.”

Paul Faulkner's statement:

"I would like to thank Randy Lerner for the opportunity to become involved with Aston Villa and for the relationship we built over years, which pre-dated my time at the Club.

"To the Villa fans, I am grateful for their support over the years, and for their passionate love for and loyalty to this great club, which deserves the very best.

"I would like to make particular reference to the wonderful Villa staff both at Bodymoor Heath and Villa Park. They are an incredible group of people and it's been a privilege to lead and work with them on a daily basis. Villa is best in class in so many ways off the field and I only hope that success on the pitch follows.

"I feel very humbled to have been able to spend such a long period of time amongst such special people at such a special club and I wish them, Paul Lambert and the squad all the very best for the future as I look to embark on the next stage of my career and a new challenge."

Rand Lerner chipped in with  "Paul has been fantastic in his role at Villa and more broadly as a colleague over the years. I offer him my deepest thanks."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Google+