Friday 11 July 2014

Richardson In, Sylla Out (on loan)

It seems misfit midfielder Yacouba Sylla will join Turkish outfit Kayseri Erciyesspor on a season long loan after failing to establish himself as a regular in Aston Villa's side.


Sylla had impressed in the second half of Paul Lambert first season, but struggled to impress last term when not given a run in the side. The player had hinted towards the end of last season that he was seeking a loan move in search of regular football.

Meanwhile Kieran Richardson has arrived from relegated Fulham and has got a two year deal. The player operates on the left and can be used as a fill in left back, though this is not where he proves to be most effective.

 "Villa Park itself has always been my favourite stadium out of all of the stadiums in which I've played in the Premier League. It's got great atmosphere, the fans are magnificent and I'm really looking forward to playing here. I know I'm going to love it." said Richardson

Richardson is now reunited with his former United team-mate and Sunderland boss Roy Keane

Mrs. Richardson
"Roy is top-drawer. Outstanding as a player and excellent at man-management. He tells you how it is which is good for players and I'm delighted to be working with him again.

"I'm looking forward to working with the manager, too. He wants to play attacking football, he wants the team going forward and that's great. I haven't worked with him before, so I'm excited to start working with him now.

"For myself, I'm happy wherever I'm playing on the pitch, whether that's left back, left wing or centre midfield, even behind the striker.

"I'm happy to play wherever I'm needed. I've played in most positions - sometimes that can be a curse, sometimes that can be a good thing, but hopefully I can nail down a position here at the club."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Google+