Thursday 20 June 2013

Lambert over the moon to sign Luna

Aston Villa have confirmed the signing of rookie left back Antonio Luna from Sevilla.

It is hoped the Spanish player, who had loan spells at Almeria and Real Mallorca can provide some competition for Joe Bennett, who was widely acknowledged to have struggled having stepped up to the
Premier League last season.

Antonio Manuel Luna Rodríguez is 22 years of age and will be looking to kick start his career in the Premier League, having suffered relegation with Real Mallorca last season.

"I've always believed that I could play in the Premier League and to have this opportunity with a club as historic and huge as Aston Villa and with a manager who is building a squad of young players with great prospects is tremendously exciting for me," Luna said.

"I really can't wait to get started and to play my first game. I have a great expectation coming here.

"The manager explained to me that it is a young squad but also one with good experience and everyone is hungry, everybody wants to succeed here. This is perfect because I am keen to make progress myself and I want to be part of this."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Google+