Tuesday 10 June 2014

Joe Cole signing confirmed

Who said Joe was all washed up?
Joe Cole has completed his surprise move to Aston Villa following a medical. He's signed a two year deal.

The former West Ham, Chelsea and Liverpool start joins Villa to attempt to revive his career. He made just six Premier League starts for The Hammers last term though he was a regular in their Capital One Cup run.

Once a key part of the England set up, Cole achieved 56 caps netting ten times. 

He is currently doing his coaching badges so presumably intends to stay in the game when his playing career comes to an end.

"I've signed a two-year deal and I am very excited about it, coming to a massive club. I'm very excited about it and can't wait to get going," he said.

"I spoke to the gaffer and we agree on a lot of things in football and playing in a central midfield role sold it for me.

"I'll be coming here and I'll be learning too. Obviously I'll bring my experience to the squad but you still learn every day and I want to learn.

"I know I'll learn from the manager, I'll learn from other players here and going forward together we want to get the best results for the club.

"It will be exciting to play with the young players here. I'll be trying to keep hold of the ball, make some goals and score some goals. It'a a great challenge. I can't wait to get started."




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Google+