Wednesday 4 June 2014

Marc Albrighton: Disappointed but not bitter

New Leicester City winger Marc Albrighton has been talking to Sky Sports News about his departure from Aston Villa

"I had some great times there but in the end the decision was made by Aston Villa that they weren't going to renew my contract.

"I wasn't so much hurt. It's disappointing the way they did it but it's probably done me a little favour.

"I think I needed a fresh challenge, a new start and what better place than a club like Leicester that have come up from the Championship, having blown that away.

"I found out Leicester was interested and I was absolutely delighted, I couldn't believe it. I've signed straight away and got it all sorted and I am just raring to go now.

"It's massive for me. I can't wait to get started. It's a fresh start for me, my family and I am really looking forward to getting started.

"I've got no bitterness towards anyone at Aston Villa. Decisions are made every day and it was just another decision at a football club. Like I said, it's probably done me a favour in the end.

"At 24, and a four-year contract, I could have my best years ahead and I hope I do. I'm just so excited to get started."

Albrighton's revelation that that no offer from Villa was forthcoming will surprise some given that he was one of very few players offering any creativity as Villa's dire form lurched from bad to worse in the dying weeks of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Google+