Thursday 3 January 2013

Mick McCarthy confirms he'll play a weakened team v Villa.

Ipswich guv'nor Mick McCarthy, who has form for not taking cups seriously, has confirmed that he will make sweeping changes for the FA Cup clash at Villa Park...

“I love the FA Cup, but if I was without the players we are without for a league game I would be a bit more unhappy,” said McCarthy

“I’m quite happy to have a break from the league. This gives me a chance to give a few players a rest after playing five games in two weeks. They’ve put a right shift in for me.

“I’d like to beat Villa, but there will be a lot of changes – some through necessity, some through me wanting to have a look at some. Of course, some of them will have to play, but I want to give some a break. Scott Loach, Elliott Hewitt and Michael Chopra will all play.

“I’ve liked what I’ve seen in Elliott. I want to see how he does. He trains well, he trains with the first team, he’s got a lot of ability – what he hasn’t got is experience and know-how and knowledge.

“DJ has been excellent, he’s been getting all the goals, so Michael won’t be wondering why he’s not been playing. He’s willing, able and ready to go – it’s up to him to step up now we’ve lost DJ.

“He’s got a good track record, but he’s got to come in firing and do the business.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Google+