Friday 9 August 2013

Samir Carruthers in MK Dons loan deal

Paul Lambert has made it clear that young players can benefit from time playing first team football in the lower leagues and another player has left to garner some experience.

Hot on the heels of Graham Burke's departure on loan to Shrewsbury, highly rated Villa youngster Samir Carruthers is off on a lend to MK Dons.

Carruthers chose Instragram to break the news, posting a pic of MK Dons stadium on his account together with the caption "View from my hotel room haha #ledge#mkdons #loan"

Terms of the deal have yet to be released but it's likely the initial spell will run until the turn of the year.

UPDATE: MK Dons confirmed the deal on their website on Saturday morning. It runs to January 4th
Carruthers said “Last year I sat around on the bench a lot, I wasn’t really playing and I wanted to get out on loan but because of the number of injuries we had at Villa I was struggling to get out, but this year the manager has let me get some game time on loan and I am looking forward to it.

“All I want to do is play football and show what I can do so hopefully I can do that here. I don’t really have a preferred position; I can play anywhere really in the hole, on the wing or in midfield.

“I’ve been really impressed by what I have seen so far – the stadium is unbelievable. I’ve met the manager and some of the staff; everyone seems really nice and welcoming. I’m just looking forward to playing here.
“I watched the team last year and they play really good football, which is my type of football so if I can get involved hopefully it will be beneficial for both of us.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Google+