Tuesday 19 August 2014

Riise: "Interest from Villa"

Surely we won't sign yet another left back?

However an interview with a former Premier League star sees us linked with one.

"It's weird not playing" admits John Arne Riise after 16 years turning out for Monaco, Liverpool, Roma and Fulham.

"I've got ice in my stomach. There has of course been of interest and things I have said no to. I'm taking my time. It should suit me, my family, future and career in general", said Riise who shares an agent with the likes of Steven Gerrard.

"There has been interest from some English clubs. Aston Villa have been one of them. There has been some interest from Spain too. But there has not been a written offer yet.

"I am open to discuss it all. There's almost two weeks left of the transfer window. A lot can happen"

Full interview (in Norwegian) at http://pluss.vg.no/2014/08/19/1730/1730_23276895

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Google+