Friday 21 August 2015

Gary Gardner signs new Villa deal

Injury prone Gary Gardner has signed a new three year deal with Aston Villa.

Gardner, who has been Villa since he was seven years old, previously penned a two year deal in June 2014

The player's development has been hampered by two season long injury spells and he's currently recovering from a problem sustained in pre-season against Swindon Town.

Gardner will have to fight hard to break into the Villa team as a wealth of young hungry midfield talent has been signed this summer.

Gardner spent the back end of last season at Nottingham Forest and it is thought they'd like to take him on loan again.

However Gardner said: "I am delighted to sign this new deal and extend my time with this great club.

"I am looking forward to working with the gaffer going-forward and being someone he can turn to and do a job for the team.

"I enjoyed my time on loan but now I'm determined to make an impact this season with Villa and show everyone what I'm capable of."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Google+