Friday 14 August 2015

That's Traore! Adama is officially a Villa player.

Aston Villa has finally announced the much reported, much heralded signing of Adama Traore.

The Spanish Under-19 winger completed the move on Thursday with Villa waiting to announce the capture on the day of the Manchester United match.

Villa, who fought off the money bags of Stoke City for Traore's signature, and are reported to have paid £7.5million up front with a further £1million to come based on meeting bonus clauses.

Barcelona are reported to have insisted on first dibs to take him back because they rate him so highly.

Traore scored three goals in 29 starts and eight substitute appearances for Barcelona B in the Spanish second division last term

Tim Sherwood said: "He's someone I have been tracking for a long time.

"He's physically a man - and he has been for some time. He's a big powerful boy, very quick, dynamic and a maverick-type player. Those players are few and far between.

"We're delighted he has chosen Villa to continue his development."

Adama said:"It's an honour for me to come here. It's a club that showed interest in me from the first moment and made me feel important in terms of their project.

"I have spoken to the manager and have a very good impression of him and what he wants from me. All this have made this club my top attraction.

"I would also like to express my gratitude to everyone at FC Barcelona for helping me develop as a player and as a person."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Google+