Monday 20 July 2015

Idrissa Gueye drops a massive bollock with "big club" comment.

He hasn't kicked a ball in anger for the Villa yet but Idrissa Gueye has already angered Villa fans by more than hinting that he sees Villa as a stepping stone to a big club.

Speaking to L'Equipe he is reported to have said:

"I wanted a change of scenery," he said. "The most important thing was to come to England to improve and aim for a big club later.

"It's a league which suits me down to the ground. The box-to-box style is very much mine. I think I'll enjoy it."

Gueye knocked back the advances of Marseilles and claims Southampton didn't make him an offer.

"My choice was always oriented towards England. I never hid that when I spoke to them.

"The coach and I got on well straightaway. I saw the vision of how he wants us to play and where he counted on using me. He had watched a lot of my games.

"That gave me confidence. He told me some very nice things, and that pushed me to take this decision. I preferred to sign quickly so that I could do the preseason with my new club."

You could say that his honesty is refreshing but his words are hardly like to win friends and influence people, with Villa fans still smarting from the ludicrous manner in Fabian Delph left the club...

Of course, he may have been misquoted....




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Google+