Friday 31 July 2015

Nathan Baker signs new four year deal despite being linked with Burnley

Aston Villa have dispelled rumours that Nathan Baker is off to Burnley and he has signed a new four-year contract with the club.

He said: "I am delighted to sign a new contract here at Villa.

"I have been with the club since I was just eight-years-old so I am very happy to continue my career here. It's my home. It's my club

"I feel I have progressed and I feel I can carry on getting better here in claret and blue.

"It only seems like yesterday that I was in the Academy with Tony McAndrew and the U21s with Kevin MacDonald. Now I am in the first team and it's been an exciting journey for me.

"I am determined to impress the gaffer and get in that side.

"The competition is going to be fierce here at centre-half but that's what the gaffer wants. There's a lot of choice for him. But you can't do well as a club without competition for places."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Google+