Monday 27 July 2015

Jordan Ayew signs at last

Jordan
Aston Villa have signed Ghana striker Jordan Ayew on a five-year deal for an "undisclosed fee" after drama over the move at the weekend.

The 23-year-old, joins from Lorient after stormy words between the player and his former club over his value had threatened the deal.

"I'm really pleased to bring Jordan to the football club," manager Tim Sherwood said.

"He is a fantastic young player who is perfectly suited to the Premier League."

The forward scored 12 league goals last season and is the third player to join the club from Ligue 1 during the summer transfer window after the arrivals of Jordan Amavi and Idrissa Gueye.

A Yew
"I am the happiest man in the world. It's one of my greatest days in football." Ayew enthused.

"My dream was to play for a big team in England - and Aston Villa is undoubtedly one of the greats in English football.

"I am obviously the third player to come here from France this pre-season.  Jordan and Idrissa are very good players and they will do well for us. We are all pleased to have been given an opportunity to play for this great club

"I can't wait to begin. I want to bond with the fans - and make them very happy. I want to be a big player for this team. I am looking forward to meeting the fans and having a great season"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Google+